It be talk like a pirate day. Arr…
The Wiki page on the Flying Spaghetti Monster has the background if this is new to you. Here’s the home of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. And if I can find the post where an Italian woman identifies that Pasta is a She in Italian, I’ll bung in a link for that too… But it was a while ago so don’t hold your breath.
As a staunch Heathen I’m all in favour of anything that takes the p@ss out of monolithic organised religions.
Here’s the Eight I’d Rather You Didn’ts:
1. I’d really rather you didn’t act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don’t believe in me, that’s okay. Really, I’m not that vain. Besides, this isn’t about them so don’t change the subject.
2. I’d really rather you didn’t use my existence as a means to oppress, subjugate, punish, eviscerate, and/or, you know, be mean to others. I don’t require sacrifices, and purity is for drinking water, not people.
3. I’d really rather you didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, okay? Oh, and get this into your thick heads: woman = person. man = person. Samey = Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we’re talking about fashion and I’m sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuchsia.
4. I’d really rather you didn’t indulge in conduct that offends yourself, or your willing, consenting partner of legal age AND mental maturity. As for anyone who might object, I think the expression is “go fuck yourself,” unless they find that offensive in which case they can turn off the TV for once and go for a walk for a change.
5. I’d really rather you didn’t challenge the bigoted, misogynistic, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the bitches.
6. I’d really rather you didn’t build multi million-dollar synagogues / churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
I. Ending poverty
II. Curing diseases
III. Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable
I might be a complex-carbohydrate omniscient being, but I enjoy the simple things in life. I ought to know. I AM the creator.
7. I’d really rather you didn’t go around telling people I talk to you. You’re not that interesting. Get over yourself. And I told you to love your fellow man, can’t you take a hint?
8. I’d really rather you didn’t do unto others as you would have them do unto you if you are into, um, stuff that uses a lot of leather/lubricant/vaseline. If the other person is into it, however (pursuant to #4), then have at it, take pictures, and for the love of Mike, wear a CONDOM! Honestly, it’s a piece of rubber. If I didn’t want it to feel good when you did it I would have added spikes, or something.
It seems the FSM is a Taurus with Aquarius rising and moon in Pisces…
Since the god/desses I befriend aren’t jealous I’ll be drinking a Coopers Red to Thor tonight and eating spaghetti and meatballs as a celebration to freedom of thought, creativity and the hope that people can learn to live in peaceful well-being.
Ganesh Chaturthi ends on Wednesday the 22nd, so more good food, red flowers and sweet fruit this week.